Turn the Beat Around - 88 S.; Playing "Backbeats" on 1 & 3, Concepts, Grooves, Patterns, Linear Grooves, Fills, etc.; Text engl.
Habits and traditions are often hard to change, but discovering new and creative ways of rearranging and rethinking established norms is what distinguishes a great drummer and provides endless challenge and possibilities. Turn the Beat Around breaks decades-old routine by examining "backbeats" in a whole new light, asking the questions: "Why are backbeats always played on beats 2 & 4?" and "What about playing them on beats 1 & 3?" By delving into this inquiry, Paul Wertico provides drummers with innovative ways of expanding their groove vocabulary, solidifying their time, and mastering coordination and limb independence. Wertico has even coined a new word for these types of reversed beats---frontbeats.
• About the Author
• Chapter 10: Linear Grooves
• Chapter 11: Downbeats to Backbeats (and back)
• Chapter 12: Fills
• Chapter 1: Quarter-Note Grooves
• Chapter 2: Eighth-Note Bass Drum Grooves
• Chapter 3: Ride Cymbal & Bass Drum Grooves
• Chapter 4: Eighth-Note-Triplet Grooves
• Chapter 5: Hi-Hat Patterns
• Chapter 6: Accented Snare Drum Patterns
• Chapter 7: Accented Ride Cymbal Patterns
• Chapter 8: Additional Bass Drum Patterns
• Chapter 9: Additional Ride Cymbal Patterns